Melvina Lathan, Chairperson
New York State Athletic Commission
123 William Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038
Telephone: (212) 417-5700
Fax: (212) 417-4987
Deaf, hard of hearing and speech-disabled callers, please use 7-1-1
For Media Inquiries, Please Contact email@example.com
Boxers with Federal IDs (pdf)
All gloves used in a New York Athletic Commission sanctioned event must be of a brand, model, size, and style approved by the Commission. The following brands, models and weights are currently approved by the Commission*:
SAC APPROVED GLOVE LIST:
• Ediroc Hyperveloce Pro Boxing Gloves – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Everlast Brand – MX (Mexican) Professional Fight Gloves – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Everlast Brand – 1910 Professional Fight Gloves – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Fuel Brand – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Grant Brand – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Reebok (RBK) Professional Boxing Gloves – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Reyes Brand – Pro Fight Gloves – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Rival Brand – RFX-Guerrero-F – 8 and 10 ounce;
• Ringside Pro Fight Gloves (RING-PFG-R) 10 ounce
• Rival Brand – RFX-Guerrero-H – 8 and 10 ounce.
Commission Policy on Gloves not Supplied by the Promoter – No boxer will be permitted to use gloves which are not on the SAC Approved Glove List. Boxers and their camps must seek Commission approval no later than the weigh-in ceremony to use gloves other than those provided by the promoter. The gloves provided by the boxer and/or his/her camp must be new, in the manufacturer’s original sealed packaging. If the Commission receives a request from a boxer to use his/her gloves, then the Commission shall advise his/her opponent of the request and allow the opponent to observe that the gloves are new and properly sealed and of a type, model and size approved by the Commission. It will be in the Commission’s sole discretion as to whether the proposed gloves will be permitted. Boxers and their camps appearing at the venue with gloves which do not comply with this policy will not be permitted to use such gloves.
*The list of approved gloves may be modified in accordance with the Commission’s rules, regulations and policies.