- Do not click on any link or message that seems suspicious or unfamiliar
- Remember that most social networking sites will not ask for your password in an e-mail, message, or "wall" post
- Do not download any unknown files
- If you get a suspicious message, try to contact the friend who supposedly sent it to verify that the message is legitimate before following any links or instructions
- If you see a post on a friend's social networking page or profile that looks like spam, tell the friend to delete it and reset their password immediately
- Use an updated web browser to benefit from anti-phishing protection.
Last Modified: July 06, 2010