- Check with the New York State Department of State Division of Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau to investigate complaints against any company that offers to pay you to work at home
- Ask questions:
- What tasks will I perform? Be specific
- How will I be paid? Salary or commission?
- Who will pay me? When will I receive my first paycheck?
- What is the total cost of the program, including supplies, equipment and membership fees? What will I get for my money?
- Never fall for the trick of depositing a company's check and having to send or wire money back before the check has cleared
Last Modified: April 26, 2011