Educational Services Training Program Registration Instructions
Please read the following instructions carefully to avoid any delay in processing your registration.
A registration form must be submitted for the courses you want to attend. You will not automatically be enrolled in subsequent courses once you have completed a prerequisite course.
- The form must be typed or printed legibly. Illegible registrations will not be processed.
- The entire form must be completed. Incomplete forms will be returned to you for completion, which will delay your registration.
- Phone registrations will not be accepted.
- Registration forms must be received at least 21 days before the starting date of the course you are applying for.
- A confirmation notice from this office will be sent to you if you are accepted into a course. Do not plan to attend a course if you do not receive a confirmation notice. You will not be allowed into class unless you are pre-registered and have been confirmed to attend.
- DO NOT CONTACT the BSC or the NYS Fire Academy to check on your registration status unless you have not been notified within 14 calendar days of the course's starting date.
Participants must complete the course prerequisites as indicated in the course listing.
- A registration fee is NOT required at any location listed on the June through December 2014 training schedule.
- Codes of New York State
- Students are required to bring their own copy of the "2010 Codes of New York State" to their courses.
- These books may be ordered from the International Code Council (ICC) by calling 1-800-786-4452 or by visiting their website.
- While having a workbook in class is not a requirement, it might be an advantage. Having a workbook available during class may make it easier to follow the class material, may keep note-taking to a minimum, and it can be used as a reference during the competence exam at the end of the course.
- Download the Basic Training Workbooks.
- A hand-held calculator, paper and pencils are also required.
- Unless otherwise stated in a course description, computers are not permitted in class.
Registration forms for all courses, including courses at the NYS Fire Academy in Montour Falls, should be mailed, faxed or emailed to the following address:
New York State Department of State Division of Building Standards and Codes
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12231
Fax: (518) 474-5788