• An application for licensure as an armored car carrier is made by the business entity (this is a business license).
• Completed application affirmed
• $300 nonrefundable application fee. Acceptable forms of payment: Money Orders, Company Checks or Cashier's Checks only. Must be made payable to the NYS Department of State. Do Not Mail Cash. "NO PERSONAL CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS".
• Fingerprint completion of all listed principals or primary officers. These are forwarded to DCJS for a criminal history report
• Proof of "all risk insurance coverage" in the minimum amount of $10 million.
Additional amounts to cover the value of each valuable cargo consigned in transit or while safeguarded in the carrier's vaults
• Comprehensive general liability insurance coverage for death, personal injury, and property damage in the minimum amount of $500,000 per occurrence and $1 million in the aggregate.
Grounds for Denial, Revocation or Suspension
Licensure may be denied or revoked for: incompetence or untrustworthiness; fraud, deceit or misrepresentation; where a relevant criminal conviction is reported, or for failure to keep all risk or comprehensive general liability insurance coverage in effect.
Contact a New York State Insurance company.
"All risk insurance coverage" in the minimum amount of $10 million. Certificate of Insurance evidencing comprehensive general liability insurance coverage for death, personal injury and property damage in the minimum amount of $500,000 per occurrence and $1 million in the aggregate. Copies are acceptable.
There is no fee for a branch office. Complete page four of the application.
A business entity that carries valuables for hire by means of nonarmored vehicles (for example, a moving company), is not covered by this law