How to Submit a Consistency Certification
|Necessary Data and Information required to commence consistency review:|
1. Copy of the application materials for a federal permit, license, or other approval. (Please note, individual consistency review by the DOS is not required for some U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nationwide permits. Please click here for additional information.)
2. Copy of the completed FCAF which includes a signed consistency certification and written analysis of the proposed activity's consistency with the enforceable State Coastal Policies (for activities within a Regional Coastal Management Program Area, such as the Long Island Sound CMP, or a Local Waterfront Revitalization Program, the enforceable policies are those within the regional or local program). Please refer to the Coastal Consistency Map in order to determine if the proposed activity would be undertaken in or would otherwise affect any of the above regional or local management areas.
4. Copy of the final Environmental Impact Statement, if required by the federal agency or by a state agency having jurisdiction over the proposed activity.
5. Copies of all applications and related correspondence submitted to involved state agencies for permits, licenses, etc. (e.g. DEC, OGS, SHPO, NYPA, PSC).
6. For energy facilities subject to Articles VII or X of the New York State Public Service Law all documentation submitted to the Siting Board for its consideration through to the conclusion of its public hearing process.
Note: The biggest single source of delay in processing consistency reviews is applicant failure to provide all the necessary information listed above. Please contact the DOS Consistency Review Unit at (518) 474-6000 (email: email@example.com) should you have any questions about the necessary data and information.