BSC CEDAR Program Participation
Code Enforcement Disaster Assistance Response (CEDAR) Team Volunteers
Who can be a CEDAR Team Volunteer?
- Certified Code Enforcement Officials
- Certified Building Safety Inspectors
- Registered Design Professionals
- Others with specialized skills, knowledge or abilities
What is the process to volunteer?
Step 1 - QUALIFY
- Complete two National Incident Management System (NIMS) prerequisite courses (ICS-700 Introduction to the National Incident Management System, and ICS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System) available in a classroom setting or online.
- Information on accessing the online courses, FEMA course eligibility toward annual in-service training credits, and receiving your FEMA Transcript, is available HERE.
Step 2 - APPLY
- Complete and submit the CEDAR Application
- Complete and submit the Employer Release Form, where applicable
- This verifies that your employer will allow you to respond to PBDA activations, periodic drills and training exercises
Step 3 - TRAIN
- Successfully complete the 6-hour orientation training
- The 6-hour orientation training course will be offered based on the numbers and locations of CEDAR participants completing STEPS 1 and 2
You will THEN be added to the CEDAR Team roster.
For More Information, Contact:
Eric C. Bradshaw
Emergency Management Coordinator
Department of State Division of Building Standards and Codes
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Ave, Suite 1160
Albany, NY 12231-0001
Phone: (518) 473-0175
Fax: (518) 486- 4487