Children's Product Safety and Recall Act - FAQ

What are the requirements to be registered as a Durable Juvenile Products Manufacturer?

All Manufacturers of Durable Juvenile Products that are distributed, sold or made available in New York must be registered with the Department of State.

What is a Durable Juvenile Product?

“Durable Juvenile Product” means products intended for use, or that may be reasonably expected to be used, by children under the age of five (5) years including: cribs, bath seats, stationary activity centers, walkers, children’s folding chairs, infant bath tubs, toddler beds, gates/enclosures for confining a child, swings, high chairs, infant carriers, bassinets/cradles, changing tables, infant slings, booster seats/hook on chairs, play yards, strollers, bed rails, infant bouncers.

What are the fees, terms of licensure?

What forms of payment does the Department of State accept?

You may pay by check or money order made payable to the Department of State or by MasterCard or Visa using a credit card authorization form. Do not send cash. Application fees are nonrefundable. A $20 fee will be charged for any check returned by your bank.

What must I submit with my application and fee?

A description of the types and variety of durable juvenile products sold or offered in the State must accompany your application. Please see page 2 of the Durable Juvenile Product Manufacturer application.

What if I have a change of information?

If any information provided during the license period has changed, a Change Notice must be filed with the Department within 30 days of the occurrence of such change.