Instructions for Creating an Account and Claiming a Record
Follow the below instructions to create your NY. Gov account, proceed through the identity wizard and claim your application/license. If you already have an existing NY.Gov account, please see below instructions in last bullet of Step 1.
Step 1 – Creating an account:
- Go to https://aca.licensecenter.ny.gov/aca/ and click on the “I need a NY.gov ID” link.
- On the NY.Gov Id Self registration page, enter your user information, email address and choose a Preferred User Id. Click on the Check button to ensure it is unique. Enter the captcha image in the field and click Create Account.
- You will be asked to verify the information entered. If everything is correct, click Continue button
- On the this screen, you will click on the Finish button to complete the account creation process. You have completed the account creation process and need to activate your account in Step 2. Close the screen and check for your email notification.
- Please note, if you already have a NY.Gov account, you should go to https://my.ny.gov/. Click Sign In button and enter your username and password. Once logged in, select the NYS License Center Icon and skip to Step 4.
Step 2 – Activating Your NY.Gov ID Account:
- You will receive an email from NY.Gov that will assist you in activating your account. Click on the link found in the email.
- You will be requested to select and answer three secret questions. This will be used in the future if you forget your password. Click on Continue when finished.
- You will then be prompted to create a password. Enter a new password, confirm the new password, then click Set Password
- An activation confirmation screen will now appear. Click NYS eLicensing.
Step – 3 – Accessing the NYS License Center:
- Click on the NYS License Center icon
Step – 4 – Identity Wizard and Claiming your Applications/Licenses
- Once you are on the NYS License Center Home Page, click on “Manage My Licenses” Tab and select the click here to associate licenses, permits and other documents with your account. Expect the secure process to take up to ten minutes link located under the Records label to begin the identity process and claim your record.
- Complete the License Type Section by selecting the Individual/Professional or Business radio button depending on the type of application/license you are claiming. Click on the Next button.
- For example, if you are an operator or an area renter you would select Individual radio button, if you are a business/shop you would select Business radio button.
- If you select Individual/Professional: Complete the fields contained within the Individual Information and Residence Address sections. Be sure to complete the required fields that are marked with the red asterisks. Click on the Next button.
- On the Verification Advisory section, click on I Agree if you agree with the statement.
- Your information will be submitted to verify your identity.
- If your identity has been located, you may be asked four questions to verify your identity. Complete the four questions and click the Next button.
- Upon successful completion of the questions, the system will validate that you have an application/license on file that matches your identity.
- A link will display that returns you to your License Center account and will list any application/licenses under the “Manage Your Licenses” Tab that have been located that match your identity. You will also receive an email notification with this information.
- If you select Business: Complete the question whether you have an online account with Department of Taxation and Finance.
- If no, you should select the link to create an account.
- If yes, you should provide your Username and Password for this account and click Next.
- If you have more than one business account, you should select Claim Another Business and continue the process.
- This business information will be sent for validation and matching to a business application/license for claiming.
- A link will display that returns you to your License Center account and will list all applications/licenses that matches your Tax and Finance account under the “Manage Your Licenses”. You will also receive an email notification containing this information.
Step – 5 – Add Your Email Address to Claimed Records
- Once you have claimed your records
- Click on “Manage My Records”
- Click on Amendment link on your license record:
- select Contact Information Change Amendment; click continue application;
- Individual or Business will show up for Contact Type to Change, click appropriate box then click continue application
- Click on Email Address, it will bring up a box to insert your email address and a box for an explanation of why you are changing your information.
- Insert your email address and add a brief explanation in box below it such as “I am adding my email address to my records”. Click continue application.
- A list of records to change will appear, be sure to place a check on all records, then click continue application,
- It gives you an opportunity to upload documentation (not required), click continue application
- a review screen will appear, verify information and click continue application
- A confirmation box will appear that states your amendment has been submitted.