The Day Of The Hearing: Frequently Asked Questions

Decisions Search
Find Administrative Hearing Decisions and Administrative Appeals Decisions.

Type in a few descriptive words and click GO for a list of relevant decisions.

Search Tips:

• Use words likely to appear in the type
   of decisions you seek. Use spaces
   between words

• A search returns decisions that include
   all of your search terms.

• Searches are NOT case sensitive.

More search information »

Consent Order Search

Type in a few descriptive words and click GO for a list of relevant consent orders. Same search rules as listed above.

DLS Files Temporarily Unavailable

Select Links

Do I have to appear at the hearing in person?

Yes.  There are no substitutions for an “in person” appearance at your hearing.  If you do not appear at the hearing in person, the ALJ may proceed with the hearing in your absence. 

What happens if I miss my hearing?

If you are a Licensee and you fail to attend your hearing, the ALJ may proceed with the hearing in your absence.

How do I reschedule or postpone my hearing?

If you cannot appear at the scheduled date and time of your hearing, and you need to postpone the date of hearing listed in your Notice of Hearing, you may request and adjournment.

Adjournments of adjudicatory hearings may be granted only for good cause.  No party shall be granted more than two adjournments.   

Requests for adjournment must be made in writing and addressed to the Administrative Law Judge assigned to your hearing.  You must send your statement to the Office of Administrative Hearings and the Hearing Presenter assigned to your case no later than three (3) business days prior to the scheduled date of hearing.  The statement must contain sufficient details to explain the reason for the request.  In addition, your letter must include your contact information, including phone number.

The Hearing Presenter representing the Division of Licensing Services in the case has the right to object to your request for an adjournment.  If the Hearing Presenter makes a request for an adjournment, then you will have the right to object to his or her request as well.

The Administrative Law Judge presiding over your hearing will determine whether or not to grant you an adjournment based on your statement.  You will be notified by phone or email whether your request has been granted.